divider

Friday 21 August 2015

The elusive English summer. It's temperamental, but only so we may appreciate the good days with characteristic British gratitude.

Summer  /ˈsʌmə/ : the season in which to fall in love

These are the months that are saturated with festivals, barbecues and and sun-fuelled smiles. My boyfriend treated me to a glorious festival for my birthday, and the day was truly spectacular. Waves of happiness washed over the thousands as we indulged in the sweet sounds of Ben Howard and Bombay Bicycle Club.

I purchased whole outfits (and potential outfits) in blind anticipation of this festival. Bit embarrassing. Of course, my 70s obsession is still unshakable, and the thought of festivalling without a flower crown disgusts me. I settled on this bell-bottomed, flicky-haired combo and assumed the role of sassy boho birthday gal. I thought I'd recreate my festival look for this shoot with my lovely friend Catherine.


Flower Crown - Topshop
Crop Top - Topshop
Bell-Bottoms - Topshop
Sandals - Zara
Bag - H&M







Running through fields is socially acceptable if you're sporting flowers and lace, right? It seems anything goes at festivals, and it's all beautiful. 70s dance teepees, roller discos and group yoga sounds pretty perfect to me. I was shamefully late at getting on this festival bandwagon; this was my first, but sharing the experience with my best friend was perfect.









I hope you enjoyed this look! Have you been to any festivals this summer? 

These photos were taken by the talented Catherine Baker! Her photography is outstanding, so you have her to thank for my photo's quality upgrad! You can check out more of her work here:

Have a beautiful day

16 comments:

  1. This is such a chic look. You look so beautiful! Have a lovely day :-)


    http://anatkoren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so cute! I absolutely love those trousers!

    Layla Panam Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Layla! Topshop! Catherine is a wonderful photographer!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning! You look gorgeous and I'm obsessed with the bell-bottoms! You're so lucky that your bf treated you to a festival, that's so nice and lovely! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are the most adorable thing I have ever seen! You are so cute!
    Love your fashion style!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful, and I am in love with the lace top! Wouldn't have thought to wear those pants for a festival look, but I love it!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos!! Your outfit is perfect and i really love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, that's so sweet of your boyfriend to treat yo to a festival! That's so sweet of him! I love this hippie-inspired look! This is gorgeous! The flower crown! The lace top! Can you be even more gorgeous?!

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very lovely :)

    www.izabielaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice flared pants and lace crop top! love the hippie look!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely top! really like the lace details on it as well as the off the shoulder cut
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so gorgeous, the field photos are beautiful. I love the flares, so cool x

    Anna | aforvogue

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! The shoulder off + flower in your hair. Love it! X

    À la Mode Blog

    ReplyDelete